Oats is a food item which has managed to fill the space on various breakfast tables and is the go-to option for pacifying your hunger pangs.
They have way more nutritional values than what it seems they are great source of essential vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. Let’s see the health benefits which oats has to offer:
- Oats also plays a vital role in enhancing your immune system. The beta-gluten present in oats helps neutrophils transport to the site of an infection more quickly and eliminate the bacteria from that site.
- Whole oats are high on antioxidants and have beneficial plant compounds in them called polyphenols. It also consist unique group of antioxidants called avenanthramides which are virtually just found in oats. Apart from being high on antioxidants oats are also a great source of magnesium which are essential to enzyme function and energy production. It helps from preventing heart attacks and strokes.
Oats is not only a tasty option for your morning breakfast but it’s a lot healthier than one thinks. It makes you feel fuller for a long time. It’s a great food option for someone who is looking on to lose some weight and get into shape as you feel fuller for a long period of time due to which the food cravings decrease hence leading to less intake of calories.
- Oats is good source of nutrition for people suffering from high blood sugar level and type 2 diabetes. The high fibre and complex carbohydrates helps to slow down the conversion of this whole food into simple sugar and beta-glucan which delays emptying of the stomach making you feel fuller for longer time period.
- Problem of constipation frequently seen with the elderly people can be relieved by consuming oats. As per the research oat bran the fibre rich outer layer when consumed can help to solve the problem of irregular bowel movements.
- American Academy of Dermatology study suggest that oats can be used as tranquillizing agent to lessen the itch and irritation on the skin. It also helps to maintain the PH level of skin adding moisture and making it softer.
Seeing these health benefits which a single food item like oats has to offer you surely cannot ignore them and you straight away need to get it on your breakfast table and replace it by all those unhealthy food items on your breakfast table.
Image Source – Google Images